Tuesday, June 23, 2009

i left them out

It was really more of a time and busy-ness issue than a conscious decision. Melanie was all for letting them roam and we decided that if someone showed intense fear we would certainly put them away.



(see her there under the chair?)

Or if they started jumping on tables. Which they actually did. WHAT?? They all of a sudden became little social butterflies scavenging around under people's feet, hoping for teensy crumbs of cheese and beet dip and crudite. Which everyone seemed to think was great fun, or least sufficiently novel, until the jumping on the tables. I didn't even know they could jump that high. Luckily that didn't happen until just about dinner time which was when they needed to go into their coop anyway.

Funny times with farm animals at a party. Though really, the women were in general pretty excited about seeing chickens roaming about. Nice call everyone! Thanks for your advice.

Even though I kind of knew what you were going to say.

More pics soon. I was mostly incapacitated from exhaustion for the rest of the weekend so I haven't gotten around to sifting through the photos.

11 comments:

Molly said...

too hilarious! and adorable!

aliciajane said...

I leave my ladies out all the time. Though they haven't gained all their weight yet, so they can still really fly(jump high), so I have to really keep an eye on them. Mostly they just hang by the back door hoping they will be able to sneak into the kitchen.

Meg said...

awwwwwwww

Bri said...

Hhahaha that's hilarious. I would totally dig the chickens running around during a party (let's just hope you didn't serve chicken anything!)

Liz said...

It adds character to your events :)

paula said...

this just makes me smile:)

Unknown said...

looks like kauai!

Habit said...

i want to go to a party with chickens roaming about! fabulous!

kristina said...

Vaness - start a blog about Kauai!!! I will read it every day. dooooo it.

kristina said...

Alicia - post more pics of your chickens! I want to see your completed hen house. I have questions for you about raising them from babies. Perhaps I should send you an email.

Rhonda said...

love this pic!
:)
I was surfing the web for info on laying hens and found your blog!
I love it and will be back!