Tuesday, December 15, 2009

For winter

I saw this vintage postcard at Solo in Solana Beach over Thanksgiving. Finally downloaded it from my phone:



"Quite cold here too, so what's the use of getting hot about it?"

I love the simplicity and the wit.

Cold weather = pampering for skin. I for one cannot resist delicately scented, sumptuously textured lotions.

Take Kiehl's Imperial Body Balm. The black packaging is a nice marketing tool, don't you think? OOOOH SPECIAL AND LUXURIOUS AND BLACK.



I actually waited on this one until we got our annual Kiehl's holiday coupon thing in the mail. $20 off a purchase of $50 or more? Someone's getting her fancy lotion.

It's gloriously buttery with a teeny hint of cloves. I so deserve it for my tightly stretched skin. Highly recommend getting a sample next time you're near a Kiehl's store. Or just buy it online and bathe in it.

7 comments:

i am pam said...

so how does one score a kiehl's coupon? very nice. I use so much of their product. i love that it is simple and good.

Rachel said...

that Kiels stuff looks great. Sadly I am using up all our toiletries before I buy any new ones.

Anonymous said...

always looking for the newest balm to fall in love with. i will head to kiehl's today. thanks for sharing.
-katie

jones said...

are you using this on your belly. I'm thinking that I best start slathering now in the hopes of staving off stretch marks . . .

Meredith from Penelope Loves Lists said...

The Kiehls is just what I've been looking for. My hands look so terrible this winter.

kristina said...

pamwares - just let them add your name to their computer next time you're at a kiehl's store. then they send you all sorts of good things in the mail. Which trick you into buying more things.

jones - yes, you must try for belly. though i've heard that you either get stretch marks or you don't and there's not a lot you can do about it. But let's pretend that we can prevent them with the proper amount of high end balms and creams.

kat parker said...

god - that handwriting! a waning art. i feel you would love this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/ (the david bowie one is my favorite)