Wednesday, March 24, 2010

clementine art

Now that I am an active user of the baby aisle at Whole Foods, I'm discovering all sorts of cute ways to spend even more money there.



Like Clementine Art supplies. Admittedly I'm being 100% sucked in by the packaging, but I think a company should be rewarded for spending time and money on good branding. And this is majorly cute branding, if you ask me. Dashiell isn't quite to the crafting stage yet, but soon enough. Perhaps he will be a little artiste!

I am slowly emerging from my vampire-like existence of the first few weeks. Which means we now walk every morning first thing (morning light is supposed to help set your baby's clock) and yesterday I successfully made it to the Pump Station for the procuring of (surprise surprise) a breast pump and Whole Foods for the stocking of the fridge and the discovering of the aforementioned product. With the baby. I felt accomplished and strong and independent!

And then I retreated back to my cave before the spell was broken.

10 comments:

Rebecca B said...

good for you! i remember many a 6:30 a.m. walk with Elan in the stroller, and me half-awake pushing it. by the way, 6 weeks is the height of colicky behavior, so may the fussiness ease off over time!

amy turn sharp said...

well done. We love WF baby too! We sell Little Alouette to mid atlantic WF stores! WF picks the best :)

Meghan said...

That packaging is AMAZING. Makes me want crayons.

Desi McKinnon said...

I see these products twice a week at least. I am always trying to think of a reason to put them in my cart. First they are art supplies, which has been a weakness of mine since I could name my colors. Second the packaging and display. I will find a child that is the right age to use these. I swear, I will.

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Good for you. Sounds like a great little routine beginning there. That packaging would have got me too!

Taylor said...

WF is addictive....no matter your age! I was there getting a pizza from teh pizza station last night (8.99 Wednesday deal!) And sushi, and other things that jumped into the cart!

connie said...

"Admittedly I'm being 100% sucked in by the packaging, but I think a company should be rewarded for spending time and money on good branding."

I wholeheartedly agree. Which is why I scream in agony when I see the price tag of a box of Dorset Cereal....must....have....beautifully...packaged....cereal!!! Seriously, look at the beauty: http://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/

The crayons look so awesome. <3

BrigittaR said...

Soy crayons!?! amaxzing.

I am just going to have to repost this :)

Amanda said...

You're doing it you're doing it! Well done, you.

Now I am off to Whole Foods. You can never have too many crayons

Catherine said...

What great products. And the packaging looks good too so good for presents.