Friday, January 2, 2009

hwy 395...

a perfectly beautiful vintage road trip, no matter how many times we take the drive.









I've been up and down this stretch of California at least once a year (mostly more) since we moved back to this thoroughly excellent state when I was 5. It took me a long time to appreciate the Eastern Sierra, in it's old time desolation and dirt and pine and peaks, but now i just ADORE it.

Also, if you have an iPhone, and you don't have Camera Bag, you are missing out on the most excellent application/activity/photo medium/car trip game ever invented. I can't control myself. Everything must pass through Camera Bag. Everything.

Happy New Year all!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

These photos are so beautiful! They make me wish I was out on the road.

genevieve said...

I miss California pretty bad sometimes. This post didn't help!

jora said...

These are really beautiful photos. It has been a long time since I have been up that road. I must get back to Mammoth soon. Happy New Year!

Amy@OldSweetSong said...

These are frickin' gorg! One really drawback to life in NYC, no cars and no road trips. Poor me.

cevd said...

thanks for the camera bag tip!!! really i have already fallen in love.

east side bride said...

We took the 395 all the way down from Spokane on our honeymoon. So. Gorgeous.