Friday, October 10, 2008

For those considering getting married...

ALERT.

this is what your life (and house) is going to feel like.



This used to be our guest room/office.

Now it is our guest room/office/craft room/wedding storage unit/temporary home for registry shipping boxes that we might need for the trip out to palm springs/clean laundry staging zone/blogging headquarters/DIY factory/gocco studio/personal nightmare.

Brooklyn Bride posted a photo of their living room after they got married. And I remember thinking to myself at the time, (insanely), OH our house will never look like that because I'm fanatical about picking up after projects and keeping some semblance of order in my home. sooooo wrong. sooo obviously wrong.

6 comments:

Jayena Boldt & Christine Mongrain said...

OMG - I'm glad you posted that. I did quite a bit myself at my wedding - and it does get better. But currently my dining room looks like that with all to early Christmas projects!
After a glass of wine - it won't look too bad. . .

Unknown said...

beautiful blog!!!!!!!!!!
and.........I love Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I knew we should have gotten a two bedroom apartment.... Not sure our one bedroom is going to have enough room for what I am sure will become a big wedding mess!

LA said...

I'm 8 months away and already...the mess.
I form piles of things and it's starting to take up all of my floorspace.
At least we're all together :)

pve design said...

If those are what I think they are.... Paul Smith bags...I would be one happy bride!

Mrs. Buck said...

aah yes, that picture looks familiar! I've fianly gotten almost everything boxed and into our closet - but I still have a few things I want to sell, and I should really organize the "keepers' better...aah procrastination my good ol' friend!