Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Help for the skin

I am in love with my new face cream.

After Dashiell was born, my skin was seriously f*cked. SUPER dry and patchy and red and almost diseased looking. For reals. The only thing that kept it from peeling was to slather pure shea butter all over it and wash it as little as possible. Um, weird. The postpartum time is just strange all around.

I finally got a facial from Juliana at the Petite Spa and as a reward for using up every single drop of face cream I had around the house (sample's included), I came home with new Epicuren products. And I swear my skin has never never been better. Which is probably a combo of an excellent facial and really great face cream. And hormones regulating, sleeping a TEENY bit more, etc.



I've used sooooo many lines in the past (including the entire Chanel skincare program, Jurlique, Dr. Hauschka, and Kiehl's) and I swear this one is by far the best. And it's natural and good for your skin and doesn't smell like old lady perfume. The Brazilian Propolis Lotion is amazing.

And in most excellent news, Juliana started a blog! It's called You are Super Pretty and it's got great tips for your skin. She's just getting started, but I'm certain she will be a great resource of the internet soon.

2 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I swear by Epicuren sunscreen for my face, and I love their colostrum cream!

you are super pretty said...

thank you so much for this post, kristina! i hope to be posting lots more on my blog very soon. i am fostering a puppy right now and he's taking every last drop of free time. how do people have children? once i find him the perfect forever home, i feel i'll be able to dedicate more time to blogging.
xo.