Tuesday, February 16, 2010

weekend... in waiting

Okay, not quite yet. I haven't reached the overly anxious state, but I'm starting to wonder when it's going to happen.

This weekend, we enjoyed







Valentine's brunch at Gjelina. Delicious and much less stressful than dinner out.




Little tokens of affection.




More projects... I realized that while using our stroller as a bassinet is both space saving and economical, we don't have a sheet. Which seems important for leaking diapers and things. And Bugaboo, which makes every single accessory on the planet including a coffee cup holder, doesn't make one. So I made a simple pillowcase-style sheet for ours. I'm sure it will work just fine.




And a looong hike in Temescal Canyon (as part of my "let's get labor started sooner than later" program), followed by a trip to the Getty Villa. By then I was mostly interested in the herb garden and lunch.



Though I did get a kick out of a distinguished set of older gentlemen making their way through the Men in Antiquity exhibit.



And now, here I am. Not at the Getty anymore, but you know, waiting. And also trying to enjoy the time I have before everything changes.

18 comments:

paula said...

you are insanely gorgeous.

Rachel said...

what a lovely photo. hope everything goes smoothly when the time comes.

amy turn sharp said...

you are one beautiful mama to be! xo

Rachel said...

Good luck! I'm sure the wait is agonizing right now.

Kate said...

You are one hot mama! :) I know it sucks waiting though. I HATED the end of my pregnancy. I was so ready to be done, meet the girl, have my body back, see my feet! I also was really craving a margarita and a glass of champagne...oh and a spicy tuna roll and goat cheese.

bigBANG studio said...

what a perfect pre-baby-having montage. the elders in Yon Hall of Elders is hysterical.

quick story: the week my mom's new england yankee best friend was due with her fourth child she couldn't stand it any more so she saddled up her horse and made everyone go on a good hack with her. sure enough she went into labor that night. yes, she is insane, but she swears the best thing to get the baby out is a good long trot.

glad you stuck with a *hike.*

sending lots of baby love!

Leigh said...

I love your photos. That heart card is the prettiest, sweetest thing. And, hello! YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!!!

redfrizzz said...

you look stunning. Savor the time of quiet and waiting, save up your energy and look forward to the excitement to come!!

fawn & fern said...

oh my gosh you are GORGEOUS. beautiful belly! makes me want to have a little one!

livi said...

you are stupid gorgeous! can't wait to see the little bundle of joy

Anonymous said...

you look great! love the open cardi where can i get one of those?!

Cole said...

You seem so calm and ready, good luck :)

Chaucee said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend : )

stephschneider said...

you look wonderful! I enjoyed the shot of the men with the busts at the Getty :)

Katya said...

Nice visor! About time someone that really IS preggo rocked one. . .as opposed to my faux "I'm in my 3rd trimester with triplets" look that I tend to rock in the later stages of Ironman races; )

xoxo

cara said...

Your belly is FABULOUS! You looks so beautiful.

LA Creative said...

This is some beautiful photography. And contracts on the baby!

Los Angeles Web Design

Lynnette said...

This cannot have effect in actual fact, that's what I think.