Thursday, April 9, 2009

new flower to obsess about...

and another flower that is reason alone to be married in the early months of the year.



Hellebores. I am a changed person. I now know that these flowers exist and can't possibly continue with my life in the same way I had before. Must find seeds and plant for next year. Thank you Saipua and Weeder's Digest for giving me yet another thing to occupy my already very limited and very crowded hobbying time.

More from google:



where I learned that these are an essential part of French gardens. Which mean that like striped shirts, I must incorporate them into my life very soon.

Bottom images from here, here, and here.

13 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

They are stunning!

Emilia Jane said...

I should have considered these when we picked our wedding date. They match our wedding colors and they're gorgeous. AND they have almost as rad a name as ranunculus.

Melissa said...

These amazing, I love the petals!

LPC said...

I grow them in my back yard:). I wish I could put tea cozies on them and keep them all year round. http://amidlifeofprivilege.blogspot.com/2009/02/ironic-crafts-cozies.html

Anonymous said...

These appeared in the small garden of my parents front yard in Atlanta - apparently in Georgia they grow as a perennial. It took years to discover what they were. They're quite haunting with their greenish pink tint.

Sammy said...

I swear by them myself- they are some of the very first flowers to bloom here in the spring and to see them up just as the last snow melts kills me every year! Go and plant them for next year I say!

AshleyL. said...

Found your blog via auburn and ivory. It is GORGEOUS! I just added a link to you :)

Vanya Wilkinson said...

Divine hellebores, winters little treat

One Love Photo said...

yes! Love these! I planted one last year and just love looking at.

Puppy said...

Gorgeous flowers! Don't remember seeing these here in Brazil...
Just found your blog from Decor Amor, loved it! I'm adding a link to you at my blog.

prashant said...

they have almost as rad a name as ranunculus.

Work from home India

kanishk said...

They match our wedding colors and they're gorgeous.

Wagyu Steaks

buyaionaccounts said...

Absolute charmer! I love the simple shape and the bold colors. Never heard of this before but I'm starting to like them. Pretty.