Thursday, June 3, 2010

air plants and umbrellas

Did anyone else see this insanely amazing wedding from Feather Love? Not sure exactly where I stumbled on it yesterday but the air plants got me. It's creative in a way that only Flora Grubb could be (the groom is Flora's brother). I'm thinking air plants might be the new succulent? Which would be nice because while I love love love succulents to death and used them for my own wedding, I'm starting to feel that they are becoming a wee bit tiresome when it comes to wedding decor.

Don't get me wrong, I will love them for always in the same way that I love mason jars. But I want to see something new and inspired from time to time too.

Just look here and then go see the entire 4 day event including a HUGE party at Flora Grubb Gardens after the actual wedding in Carmel on Feather Love's blog.



How amazing is the huge Tillandsia bouquet? Gorgeouso. The bride is beautiful too, which always helps. Sometimes I want dark thick indie model hair with bangs too. But it would look real weird with my freckles I think.

Final thought: if your name was Flora Grubb, could you do anything EXCEPT open a beautiful garden shop? No. No you couldn't.

15 comments:

Celia said...

oh god, i go through the pictures of this wedding just about every other day...

Char said...

wow - that is beautiful isn't it? i always envy those that have the courage to choose something so different and unique. who would think all those unique plants would combine to be something so exquisite?

Unknown said...

I LOVE that cake! It's absolutely stunning! :)

Desi McKinnon said...

my aunt and uncle always had the most amazing air plants on beautiful pieces of drift wood. mine are on my fridge. i love them mixed with bromeliads.

Meghan said...

I too love the cake.

Yumi @ Natsukashii said...

Love this wedding. It's so gorgeous. Did you see the bride's other dress too? Fab-u-lous :)

Heidi said...

Her hair steals the show for me. I hope they honeymooned on a yacht and took lots of windswept pictures.

Desi McKinnon said...

OK. I just finished going through the whole wedding. That has to be my all time favorite event I have ever seen. Perfect in every way.

noa (feather love photography) said...

aw... thanks for the lovely feature!! :) xo noa

Paige Appel said...

yes, Noa rocks! love this wedding.

Katie said...

Ohhh i love it!! beautiful...and I am with you on succulents, 1 1/2 ago when I was planning my wedding it all sounded like a good idea...now it's succulent nation...haha.
At least they're cute little fleshy plants : )

Melissa said...

I love the cake. A simple design and the air plants make a wonderful touch of color.

Nikki F said...

I read about this wedding in the NYTs and was like - that is Grubb Gardens, succulent wall people! The description of the couple is worth a read.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/11/fashion/weddings/11VOWS.html

Connie (thepaperdialogues) said...

How did they manage to put their own unique touch to the succulent fad? Love it!

Threads for Thought said...

wow look at all the fashion thats looming in these pictures...nice and trendy outfits...thanks for this