Thursday, June 17, 2010

We need a fort

Okay, Dashiell is probably a wee bit young to appreciate one. And if I remember correctly, the beauty of forts is that children make them on their own. But this had me dreaming of a few years from now when we have a bigger house, perhaps another child, and a family room in shambles with a proud fort of cushions and blankets and whispers and flashlights in the middle.



Tee pees are so contrived when compared to a good fort. Not that I don't love the idea of a backyard tee pee one day.

via ohdeedoh

3 comments:

The French said...

This does bring back memories. We had a killer play house that my dad built...until some jerk in my neighborhood tore it down:(

Bianca said...

I had a friend with the most amazing fort when I was in elementary school. I dont look back fondly on the friendship but I do miss that fort...

cara said...

*I* need a fort. For me.