Tuesday, June 1, 2010

sunscreen for the babes

Now that it's getting warmer and sunnier out, we realized that we probably need to be slathering sunscreen into every bit of exposed skin when we take Dashiell outside. Even when he's riding in the stroller his little hands and cankles usually stick out past the sunshade and we can't have him getting sunburned this young. Wouldn't that make you like the worst parents ever? If you let your infant get a sunburn? Close anyway.



Dr. Robin is a friend of our neighbors Ruth and David and they passed us a little stash of sample packs over the fence shortly after D was born. We tried it out this weekend and it's excellent. Plus the logo is cute. And I think I've mentioned many times how much I appreciate cuteness in packaging. It's paraben, phthalate free, and fragrance free and made with titanium and zinc oxide for super natural sun protection. Plus it has green tea extract and quinoa protein. I'm also quick to love things with quinoa. I sound like a salesperson.

Not a salesperson. Just passing on a wee tip for you mamas out there. I wouldn't have any idea which baby sunscreen to buy without a little help.

8 comments:

you are super pretty said...

I'm always looking out for great natural sunscreens. Have you tried it on yourself yet? Let me know if you do... and if it's a good one for grown ups :)
P.S. That photo of D in the camo hat is TOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!

Char said...

i do love that logo

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

and I'll even use it myself!

Rebecca B said...

Environmental Working Group recently came out with a report on how effective sunscreens actually are (turns out, not very, for many of them!). Your brand isn't listed, but you might be able to find some of the active ingredients on their website, which is pretty interesting stuff: http://www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen/

Anonymous said...

i am always trying out different natural sunscreens. I haven't seen this one yet. Is it really thick and leaves you looking like you have clown makeup on?? That's been my biggest complaint about the natural ones.

amber {daisy chain} said...

This is exactly what I need...we took our 6 month old to the beach this weekend, all slathered up, with a tent & an umbrella for full shade effect, and she still came home slightly red. ughhh. I'll look for it at whole foods!

Anonymous said...

I feel affection for your weblog as well as it seems really nice commencing my summit of bits and pieces. And I was wondering proviso a change phone lookup force money you fix the suspicious people on your weblog. Maybe we be capable of spend a telephone number search with the aim of find not by the side of home reverse phone lookup web site with reference to your new comments here as well. So act in no doubt with the intention of recognize how to facilitate make a repeal telephone search while you're completed.

Serena said...

Quite effective material, lots of thanks for the article.