Wednesday, September 10, 2008

best chuppah idea ever

I snooped around this beautiful wedding on Once Wed today, and everything is awesome. But the most awesomest idea (imo) is this super personal chuppah. Apparently the couple asked each guest to send in a swatch of fabric and then the groom's mother sewed them all together to create a beautiful little wedding house.



WTF??? That is the greatest, most personal idea I've ever heard! Not to mention, it turned out amazing. Maybe we need a chuppah?

5 comments:

bridechic said...

So wonerful to see a real bride wearing a birdcage veil

Kate said...

It is wonderful. I love the look of chuppahs.

Anonymous said...

We did something very similar but turned the fabric into a quilt instead. At one point in the ceremony, we were wrapped in the quilt to signify unity and the support of our friends and family. If you're interested, you can read about it here: http://2000dollarwedding.com/2008/07/wedding-ceremony-script.html

P.S. I'm not trying to promote myself! I really just wanted to share an alternative project with fabric from friends and family.

ABC Dragoo said...

I once designed a wedding where the bride was Jewish and the groom was Indian, from India. The Chuppah was quilted by her great aunt, out of sari fabric. So beautiful, the jewel tones!

www.albacete-3d.com said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of helpful info above!