Wednesday, September 3, 2008

DIY-ish invites part deux... press check

Things are all coming together, people! I can assure those who are still far enough away from their wedding that they aren't in unquestionable panic mode at all times that when you're in the thick of it, just keep plugging away and things actually do get checked off your list.

Like my highly anticipated press check at letterpressers extraordinaire, Aardvark! I of course chose the hottest day of the summer to drive downtown, to an unairconditioned 1920's building, in my unairconditioned black-leather-interiored car, to sweat out each test print of our invites alongside the our printers. It was so worth it! Though by the time I got back to my office in beautifully breezy Santa Monica, my clothes were so sweaty I had to change into my running gear for the rest of the day. Which, truth be told, I sometimes wear to work anyway.


Our plates lined up and a test print sitting on the Heidelberg.



Blind emboss for the background of our main invite and pretty cans of ink.



First print of the finished invite.


We are frickin' exhausted. But our invites are packaged, the envelopes are stuffed, and now we just need to finish arranging and licking our lovely vintage stamps.

Part 3: the final product coming tomorrow. And I must remember to do another post on Aardvark... their space is so neat and they did a most excellent job.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Seriously stunning. I love love the blind emboss.

I'm just slightly wishing I hadn't sunk a bit of money in the Gocco because I'm pretty sure I'm stuck using it. My mom and fiance would kill me if I suggested something else. :)

Kate said...

I am DYING over here. Those are FANTASTIC. OMG. You just don't understand how much I love those. I mean Jenna's lettering combined with a honeycomb pattern done in LETTERPRESS. Somebody come scrape me off the floor. You have some outstanding taste, woman!

I should mention that I'm planning on naming my business Honeycomb Press, so I'm a little in love with honeycomb patterns!

Anonymous said...

holy moly those are beautiful! The font! The paper!

Kate said...

another coaster source...

http://www.briarpress.org/14177

There is somebody looking to share a huge order of coasters plus shipping to the West Coast.

Veronica said...

Seriously the most beautiful invites I have yet to lay my eyes on! Absolutely stunning!!!!

cevd said...

i love them ...

Anonymous said...

These are so well done. Very nice!

kristina said...

thanks you guys! i was nervous about the blind emboss at the printer there for a while. they were looking like pimples. sick.

but i like them now. and i do love the whole package. i will post that soon, just going through photos.

thanks so much for all your nice words.

Angela R. Stewart said...

Gorgeous invites, I really like the texture the blind emboss creates!

If you still want to buy some blank white coasters email me I have some extra heavy weight coasters.

Celebrations Consutling said...

Absolutely lovely! Would you have a sample I could show a client or could I point my client your way? Seriously, where were you when I was getting married? :)

www.leon-3d.com said...

This cannot have effect in fact, that is what I believe.