Monday, September 8, 2008

to photobooth or not to photobooth

We'd been debating whether or not to add the photobooth to our already shocking list of wedding expenses. It seemed like a "nice to have," but not necessarily essential. Then we went to the most beautiful, fun wedding of our close friends, Drew & Carly, at the Biltmore Four Seasons in Montecito a few weeks ago. And look how fun:



We learned that we in fact can't live without it. Not only are activities essential for a good party, our guests will get a super fun favor to take away and we'll for sure get pics of everyone at the wedding. Technically our "favors" are going to be homemade cookies set up (hopefully) like this, but I think the photos will be a nice little bonus.

The company we're going with, photoworks interactive, uses a digital booth that prints photos on the spot in either color or b&w, but the best part is that we get a DVD of every single photo taken that night! And the resolution is 1200 dpi so we can blow each photo up to 11 x 17. I have designs to turn our hallway into a photobooth gallery after the wedding.

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sigh. I really wish I could afford this option. Unfortunately, there aren't any local photobooth vendors in Southern Oregon and the addition travel cost is a little excessive.

Kate said...

I say go for it. I want one so bad that I'm trying to figure out how to have one at my Christmas party! LOL Yep, I'm a nut.

Anonymous said...

So exciting! If we had the budget for it, we would totally do it. The amount of fun found in those booths is amazing :)

east side bride said...

I am so f'n jealous. If we'd had one I think the guests would've had to fight us for a turn! (We have a mini photo booth gallery on our fridge from our favorite east side bar...)

p.s. Is that your adorable curly-haired FH?

kristina said...

east side, yep. that's my FH.

he was wearing a dorky rented tux that night though. and you know how we feel about rented tuxes.

and for everyone who thinks, "photobooth is not in our budget"... photobooth is not in our budget either, so don't feel sad! (we're doing it anyway, of course).

east side bride said...

Sometimes you have to flex the budget.

Boo on rented tuxedos. H-town will be forced to wear one soon, with converse :x (I have become a wedding snob!)

amanda said...

you absolutely won't regret it. the photobooth pictures of all the guest from our july wedding are so special! it's definitely worth the expense.

Anonymous said...

GO for it! I recently went to a wedding where they had one and it was the highlight of the wedding plus the pictures we took away as guests were great keepsakes. I can't get one where I'm getting married, otherwise I'd be cutting out something else to get one. :)

Emilia Jane said...

photobooth is my only requirement. the mister can decide everything else. :)

amanda said...

Check out www.classicphotobooth.net or www.photoboothca.com They are priced pretty reasonably and offer AMAZING products!