Thursday, May 13, 2010

mother's day (or any day) picnic supplies

We had a busy weekend last weekend. We were down in the OC for a friend's shower/pre-wedding party, stopped in to see another friend's new babe born 3 days after Dashiell, and then zipped back up here after brunch on Sunday for an evening picnic organized by our neighbors. I did not have time to prepare lovely homemade picnic, as you can imagine.





But that was a good thing, because it meant that we got to stop by the Zinc Cafe in Corona Del Mar for the most delicious picnicking supplies. I love the Zinc. I find any excuse I can to eat there when we're in the neighborhood. There's a smaller satellite location in Solana Beach near my parents' house, but it's no where near as delicious as the one in CDM. Think perfectly prepared deli salads, wines, soups, cheeses, sandwiches... and that's just the to go stuff.

I picked up:

Marinated goat's cheese with lemon and thyme
Cured french olives with orange and garlic
Roasted cauliflower
Edamame salad
Hummus
Crackers

And 3 soups for dinner this week. The Tuscan white bean was insanely delicious, but I only got a taste because I was afraid a huge bowl of beans might send the baby into a panic.

ZINC ZINC ZINC ZINC. I love you.

11 comments:

Desi McKinnon said...

I concur on the observation of Solana Beach vs Corona Del Mar Zinc.

Unknown said...

So delicious looking. Roasted cauliflower, edamame salad? Yum!

Char said...

give me great hummus and i'm a happy camper

hannah said...

Ooh, that Edamame salad looks similar to the delicious Edamame and Smoked Tofu Succotash from the Splendid Table: http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/recipes/main_succotash.shtml

Caroline said...

This sounds like a perfect picnic. Oh my!!! xo

lisa said...

I love the way you think about food. I gave you a little shot out on my blog. Sounds like it was a lovely picnic!

brittany said...

i dream about zinc and their potato and arugula pizzette!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Zinc is my husband's absolute favorite SoCal cafe!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Looks like a delicious picnic!

marissa said...

I love Zinc!! You have to try their deviled eggs - they are divine.

Tammy said...

I feel so lucky that Zinc is literally across the street in CDM! It is so good...I love their egg dishes also.