Wednesday, November 4, 2009

nouvelle parfum

I DO want to share photos and such of our trip up north, but I have to run early this morning to go track down a swine flu vaccine and still haven't sorted through them all. So annoying really. UCLA ran out "very quickly." Um, you have many pregnant patients in the OB practice, perhaps you should have ordered more? Anyway, how about some perfume to tide you over?

In general, not really a perfume person. I usually rely on fine scented lotions for making myself smell pretty. In particular Kai and Laura Mercier Coconut Almond. Actually the only perfume I ever wear and have ever worn is Jo Malone's Orange Blossom. Oh my, if that isn't the most perfect scent.

But I found another. And while I tried (I SWEAR) to leave the shop without this pretty box in hand, my powers of rationalization were too strong.



To start, because I'm so particular about perfume, I thought, well... if I really like this one, then I should have it because I don't like most. (Genius, I know). But then I was thinking, it's our anniversary in a few days and we're going on a nice trip and wouldn't it be fun to have a new perfume to mark our first anniversary? Yes, yes it would.

And so I am now the owner of Do Son by Diptyque. It's so yummy and warm. I recommend giving it a smell next time you see it in person. But then, don't buy it! Come home and shop online. Seriously, even Amazon sells it. I'm not going to say how much I actually ended up paying for it, but it was more than I discovered the standard online price to be this morning. At least it will last me like the rest of my life. Okay, at least until I'm 50.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'll have to jot them down and give 'em a smell or two. :)

Joslyn said...

i can't wait to smell it! i love anything by dyptique...the packaging is divine.

good buy!
xo

style-for-style said...

tuberose, and orange?
you might also like Hermes-d'orange vert (technically a mens scent)
or Le Petit Prince (baby cologne)
my personal favorites...