Tuesday, September 15, 2009

early morning walk with my camera

One of the few benefits to being woken v. early for no apparent reason by the chickens in your backyard is you have a lot more time in the morning to putter about before you have to leave for work. And when I say few benefits, I actually mean ONLY benefit.

The chickens are not being looked upon favorably at the moment.

But I did take a nice walk through my funky little neighborhood, enjoying the changing light of early fall mornings. It's still hot, but the light changes even when the temperature stays summery.

And before I forget, I made this last night (with a few substitutions due to ingredients on hand) and it was delicious. Make it, if you know what's good for you.



Strawflowers I've been drying to use for an undecided project.



scabiosa pods left over from our wedding.



Our neighborhood has a system of little alleys that run behind some of the houses and one in particular has been an urban farm plot, probably since the 40's when our neighborhood was built. It's a real victory garden! It's also fairly neglected these days, but still one of my favorite places to walk.



asian squash vines peek over fences.



fence. I love grey.



see, I live in a city! we have graffiti!



tangle.



tiny spider thread.



workbench. people are very into DIY home projects in our neighborhood.



particularly pretty flower.



Those fig trees I mentioned yesterday. I only took what would fit in my coffee cup. Must return with a bag.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

I love your photos!!!

What he ate, what I ate. said...

Gorgeous! I love the fig and the spider thread in particular!

Karen said...

That is so funny! I literally just bookmarked that recipe the other night. You also should try her "Lazy Day Peanut Noodle Salad" if you haven't (it's on the same site). It's sooo good.

bigBANG studio said...

Thanks for the comment and the info about your Canon- yes, the 5D is droolworthy- but your pictures are just spectacular with what you're using! Thank goodness for your chickies waking you up, otherwise we'd have missed the delight of seeing these photos- the strawflowers are heaven. Cheers!

Amanda said...

I am a dork, right? As such, I recall dorky things, like the word "syncophant" coming originally from folks who stole figs.

So now you won't be too sad when I call you a syncophant. You will just know that I am being dorky/silly.

Easton said...

All photos are looking so nice!! I appreciate the picture quality of your camera!!