Monday, September 7, 2009

Sadie's baby shower invite

My mom brought this up to Mammoth over the weekend to show me what a super cute invite my old old friend Wren made for her sister's baby shower a few weeks ago. Isn't it so cute?? I love the paper cut-out look. It's so totally perfect in it's imperfection. And as a designer, where everything seems like it has to be perfectly measured and even and blah blah blah, it's so nice to see a more free, organic take on stationary.



I looks like she made the invites using paper collage and her own handwriting and then scanned and printed the actual invites. Or maybe she just color copied them? I think that's what makes it so neat. That you expect to feel the paper pieces layered on top of each other, but it's a print.





And the shower itself was a huge craft extravaganza with different stations around the house that let the ladies in attendance create a square for a quilt, a page in the baby book, a wooden baby block... all sorts of really thoughtful details that will surely surround Sadie's little boy with huge community love.

Taking notes here for when I throw my first baby shower.

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I love the invitation!! It has such a warm earthy feeling just looking at it.

Rachel Dangerfield said...

So sweet. It reminds me of The Very Hungry Caterpillar books...

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

They say it takes a village to raise a child, and it seems that Sadie has found her perfect village! What a beautiful invite and clever shower idea.

livi said...

this is so lovely. it makes me want to throw a baby shower and just steal all of her ideas!

M said...

so lovely - very inspiring. Just found your ovely blog and I really enjoy it :-)

Sonya said...

This is one of the most creative invitations I have seen in a long time. It looks very personable.

Sprouted Kitchen said...

so so cute! i love that they are humble looking invitations, refreshing.

Stacy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! My first visit to your blog and these invites just sucked me in.