Saturday, October 4, 2008

my dress at Alix & Kelly (who I also love)

The dress fits. And I love it. Want to see?



The flower for my hair. Alix & Kelly happened to have the perfect one at their studio. Plus they are adding a few feathers for me. They are the best. (And my grandma's ring that I'm wearing for the wedding.)




Kelly pinning the hem of my dress. (Yes, the women who own the line are actually Alix and Kelly and they are so awesome).




And my shoes with the raggedy pinned hem of the dress.


My mom took all the photos, nice job Mom!

Anyone in LA looking for a beautiful, simple, classy gown I can't say enough times that you should make an appointment with these two women! They are so nice, so thoughtful, so creative... and it feels so great to be wearing a dress made by their little company instead of by a corporate wedding giant. Their studio is downtown in the fashion district (next to the Cooper Building so if you time your appointment right you can hit the sample sales afterwards) and it's low key and full of light and just my style.

And they have v. cute bridesmaid dresses. In like every color you can imagine.

alixkelly.com

go, now, quickly!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristina!! Your dress already looks absolutely stunning as it is now, so I cannot wait to see the finished version. Oh, and thanks for sharing this wonderful resource. I'm on my way over to their site now.

cara said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love (what I can see of) your dress. So simple and stylish. I adore how it comes in at the waist, it give it a casual but utterly chic air. And what gorgeous photos! I can't wait to see more.

And the shoes? Wow!

People St.Clair said...

Your dress is truly fabulous, Those shoes are lovely. I just visited the website and fell in love with everything I saw. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful resource.

Allison Hasel said...

You look amazing! The shoes! The dress! Seriously, so fabulous and chic. Can't wait til we get to see the full deal!

cevd said...

um hello gorgeous. just amazing.

style-for-style said...

oh, how you tease us with shots of the hem and the back.

can't wait to see the front!!!

Meg said...

Oh cr*p! You are going to have the coolest most stylish wedding ever. That much is totally totally clear. Enjoy it! All!

Joslyn said...

oh wow...stunning, stunning, stunning. that dress is insane, the shoes are killer, the ring, the flower...i love it all!

Tiffany said...

it looks so pretty from the back, i can't wait to see the entire thing.

love that ring. like seriously love.

east side bride said...

fabulous. and hooray for indie designers!

MouseClark said...

ooooooh the shoes! LOVE!

Your dress looks so elegant and simple from the back, can't wait to see the front.

Unknown said...

I love the dress you are wearing!! I fell in LOVE with an Alix & Kelly dress, the Kate, and plan on wearing it at my wedding...what wonderful people to work with and what gorgeous and inspiring dresses they create! GREAT CHOICE!!!

Joanna Goddard said...

oh my goodness, you look AMAZING!!!!! i was just looking at the alix and kelly website and fellin love with the exact same dress. you look so beautiful in it!

Lesliebel said...

Alix and Kelly are no longer making dresses! Would you by any chance sell your dress?