Monday, October 13, 2008

my first wedding

I'm in San Diego this morning, (not at work, re: this post), at my parents' house drinking coffee and looking through old photos. Being that our wedding is soooooo scary close, it seems like a good time to share my first trip down the aisle. Just for fun.





Here's me, 18 months old as a flower girl in our friend Gail's groovy 70's wedding. She and her family will be at our wedding too, which is kind of a nice full circle thing.

Family lore says that I would only walk down the aisle if my dad was waiting at the other end. And I apparently didn't totally grasp the idea of sprinkling flowers here and there, laying a path for the bride's big moment. Instead I walked straight to my dad, turned the basket over and dumped my entire allotment of petals out at his feet. I've always sort of done things my way. Hee hee.

9 comments:

JennyLee said...

Adorable!

Rachel said...

You look like you enjoyed yourself! Have fun in SD and get some relaxation in.

Anonymous said...

haha that is great! As is your little outfit! I was in 3 weddings as a little girl, and one of them (in the late 80's) involved floral bridesmaid dresses that didn't have a full skirt, like i thought, but instead consisted of pantaloons... which my aunt informed me of yesterday. According to her, her bridesmaids loved her... uh-huh. Sure they did.

Chloe's Chic Conception said...

I just came across your blog and I am in love!!! Seriously in love!!! I'm not planning my wedding .... but I basically just planned the entire thing by going through your blog, from the dress, to the photographer, to the flowers, to the invitation...etc. You are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your little dress

jora said...

I lvoe that you dug this out and shared! How long will you be in SD? I guess you would be waaaaaayyy to busy to get together with that little wedding thing you've got going on??

kristina said...

oh jora, i would love to get together! but yeah, the wedding thing. back to LA tomorrow to plant succulents and make menus, etc.

rain check?

Anonymous said...

oh my, how cute were you, Stina. I miss you at work. please come back. :) jk

pve design said...

Oh you are just too cute for words.