Monday, October 20, 2008

DIY table numbers

Hi. It's me. I feel like i've been AWAY SO LONG. we are leaving tomorrow for Palm Springs, and our living room is so full of boxes it looks like we're moving there. This would be the perfect time to share with all of you who still have time to turn back, do not try any of this at home. Seriously. We had to rent a 2nd car to drive all of our projects out and still we're going to have to pawn a bunch of stuff off on brock's brother and fiance.

ANYWAY. Our table numbers. We used vintage palm springs postcards I've collected over the last year, mounted them on black cover paper and then used left over pattern from our envelope liners to dress up the number side.





Aren't they fun? I love imagining the 50's in Palm Springs.



Sadly, I didn't get this together in time to have Jenna do our numbers so my shaky hand with the calligraphy pen had to suffice. Again, as everyone says, no one will notice. (that's become my mantra, btw).

Number stands are from Surfas, the restaurant supply store in Culver City. Easily one of the coolest places ever.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I love these! I'm so impressed that you're still managing to blog in these final days.
I share your love of Surfas, too. I can't go in there for a quick trip - I end up spending hours.

Abbie said...

The numbers look great! I wish they had those stands online. I looked but they're not online. Bummer. Good luck this week... stay sane.

thoughtful day said...

these are great and your calligraphy works perfect! your wedding is coming together beautifully. thanks for sharing your process!

Modelmental said...

they are fab! you brave brave diy brides never cease to amaze me...

east side bride said...

Love. Them.

What he ate, what I ate. said...

love, love, love those vintage postcards. i'd been thinking of doing something similar with images of old "new yorker" covers.

Rebecca said...

girl, you are just too hip--love it!