Thursday, October 9, 2008

sometimes i think this


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

- Marilyn Monroe




Especially when i'm 2 weeks away from my wedding. Luckily my FH handles any sort of erratic behavior I can dream up with infinite good humor and patience. I've found that these tendencies are exacerbated in the final days of wedding planning. Obviously.

(photo courtesy of: the internet)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it! (and yesterday's obama plug, too)

(and all the foodie-ness on your blog)

(and your dress)

:-)

east side bride said...

Wait, are we supposed to return to sanity post-wedding?

jora said...

My dear, you are allowed to be as selfish as you want in these days leading up to your wedding. Everyone gets like that. And right before her first baby too. :)

Great quote by the way!

Unknown said...

i love that quote!

cara said...

Brilliant! I adore Marilyn and if I'd been articulate enough I'd have said the exact same words two weeks before our wedding!

I hope that these two weeks go well for you!

And I posted about your beautiful dress today, I hope you don't mind!

Unknown said...

I sooooo love that quote. :)