Wednesday, September 24, 2008

handmade dress to the max

Look at this completely beautious dress made from, ready?, a vintage embroidered sheet. This deserves a "wtf!" don't you think!?



My friend Olivia (friend and member of Laura's Georgia bride tribe as well as one of the brains behind Farm255) sent this over as bridal inspiration last evening. WOW.

This is some unreal DIY. The bride's friend Rebecca found an inspiring antique sheet and, with the help of friends, crafted her wedding dress from it's length. I love the textures and history in vintage textiles. And how amazing are those handmade flowers decorating the neckline of her dress?

r. wood studios, a beautiful ceramics studio in Athens, Georgia, is to thank for sharing this bit of loveliness with the wide world of internets. You can read the story and see more pictures here.

6 comments:

Joslyn said...

this is a stunning dress.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely brilliant. I love the cut out flowers. What a gorgeous dress!!

i.d. said...

I love this dress! Vintage off-white fabric is so beautiful...

Anonymous said...

I'm all for this. Recycle is one of the ways we're saving the planet. I totally wish I'd run this piece on my own site . .

Meg said...

loooooovvvvvveeeeee.

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! This is exactly what I'd like for my wedding dress. Brilliant!